For human beings, collectables, although a thing of passion, may turn out to be an object beyond budget. Nevertheless, this does not stop people from admiring these items. Cars are somewhat of the same nature. Many might not be able to afford cars, but this can not prevent them from revering them. As such, we’ll be talking about one of the most expensive brands of cars, the Rolls-Royce.
About: Rolls-Royce Cars
Developers initially planned the Rolls-Royce to be a luxury car of British origin. The manufacturers later changed the focus of development to aero-engine production during the First World War. The company, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited, established in Manchester, in the United States of America, in the year 1904. The company set up in association with Charles Rolls and Henry Royce. Rolls-Royce Limited sustained from 1906 to 1973 after which Rolls-Royce Motors took its place.
Vickers plc was the owner of Rolls-Royce Motors between 1980 to 1998 before Volkswagen AG obtained it in 1998. Consequently, Volkswagen renamed the company to Bentley Motors Limited in the year 2003. Therefore, people consider Bentley Motors an immediate successor of Rolls-Royce Motors. In 1998, owners established a subsidiary of BMW AG, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, which commenced production in 2003.
Comfort: Rolls-Royce Cars
Although designed for business purposes, all Rolls-Royce cars prioritise comfort above all other attributes.
- The first points that a person will notice are the space and the carpet. The carpet is one in which the feet will seem to sink and offer a feeling of relaxed suspension.
- The padded armrests, being more similar to a sofa than a generic car seat, offer maximum comfort a car possibly can.
- The existence of the enormous amount of headroom and legroom makes the car able to accommodate people of tall or wide constitutions.
- The headrest cushions are extremely soothing and feel akin to pillows.
- Manufacturers obtain any leather used in every Rolls-Royce cars from only the bulls of the Bavarian region. Manufactures do not use leather from cows due to many reasons. These reasons include the unreachable altitude at which the cows live and also the fact that leather from pregnant cows may possess stretch marks.
Features: Rolls-Royce Cars
We can attribute the high expense of Rolls-Royce cars to the elements present in it. Many of these characteristics are exclusive only to Rolls-Royce cars.
- Rolls-Royce cars have a long life span, even in the absence of maintenance. We can still find 65% of all Rolls-Royce cars made in working condition even today.
- One of the cars, The Phantom EWB (Extended Wheel Base) can go from 0mph to 60mph in approximately 5.8 seconds. Furthermore, the car is 2745 kg or 6052 lb in weight and over six metres in length.
- Rolls-Royce cars can display 3-D maps accurately in addition to landscape topography, guided tours as well as composite route planning.
- The Wraith’s eight-speed automatic transmission can precisely guess the upcoming route via the car’s navigation system. As such, it prepares itself for the course accordingly.
- TV and DVD players are available for rear-seat passengers. The Rear Theatre Configuration allows twelve-inch long screens to fold flat into the back of the front seats.
- In modern releases, the ashtray will empty itself without manual assistance.
- The uniquely developed heavy suicide doors are present in every car. Buttons located on the quarter panel glass can close both driver and passenger side doors with just a push.
- All cars have Teflon-coated umbrella chambers present next to the driver and co-driver seats. A push of a button expends the umbrellas. Moreover, the umbrellas dry with the help of built-in fans and heaters.
- The suspension comprises air springs, multilink front and rear wheel attachments, automatically adjusting anti-roll bars and also electronically controlled dampers.
- Present in the iconic grille, the Rolls Royce Night Vision utilises infrared sensors to detect living beings up to a 100 metres. A visual warning exhibits in the Control Display on such detection. Furthermore, the system also presents an acoustic signal and steadies the brakes to avoid any accidents.
- Finally, the power doors that close without any noise makes the car perfect for business purposes.
Price: Rolls-Royce Cars
The general market price of any Rolls-Royce car, be it Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV or the Ghost, begins from around $4,00,000. That’s quite a hefty sum for a car. Nevertheless, if we consider all the facets that the car has to offer, this price may then not seem like too much. We also need to keep certain facts in mind to explain the expense of a Rolls-Royce car. There are only four robots present in the factory, two to apply primer and two to apply the coat. Consequently, most of the manufacturing process is carried out manually, by hand.
Furthermore, the endless customisable options allow a buyer to make choices from around 44,000 shades. Additionally, there are options for not only outer coat colour but also for interior colours, materials used and veneers as well. The attention that manufactures put into each car makes the Rolls-Royce stand out from any car in ther industry. As such, people spend years and millions of dollars just in the hope of acquiring one, someday.
If you find this article interesting, do read the article on Xbox Series X official media remote.