The unceasing advancement of technology has made wired technological gadgets obsolete as of late. As such, this change in trend has led to an unprecedented demand for wireless networks and gadgets. Accordingly, even among all the appliances available on the market, the wireless speakers’ market has experienced considerable growth.
The global market review on wireless speakers has yielded rather exciting results. The market size and scope are, although expected, exceptional ones. Nevertheless, similar to all available items, it has setbacks and likeability issues, owing to volatile global trends.
Overview: Wireless Speakers
Wireless speakers stand a loudspeaker of sorts that may either employ Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connections. It operates on the principle of radio frequency modulation that it receives in the form of audio signals. It comprises two units: the loudspeaker consisting of the R.F. receiver and an R.F. transmitter that links to a device’s audio output.
Wireless speakers can achieve the same frequency range of 900 MHz as cordless telephones. With a rechargeable battery, these devices are incredibly convenient. They are portable and useable anywhere as long as a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection, depending on the type of speaker, is available. Although some consist of the feature of both in it, most are operable employing either. As such, the question arises on these speakers’ practicability and which is more efficient to use.
Paramount Competitors: Wireless Speakers
The following contesting enterprises dominate the wireless speaker market:
Comparison: Wireless Speakers
There exist two types of wireless speakers in the market- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Wi-Fi speakers link with the wireless home network available, running on A.C. power plus generally requiring an outlet. Conversely, Bluetooth speakers connect directly to any accessible devices.
- Wi-Fi speaker signal range is greater than that of its counterpart.
- With no sufferable interferences from outside, the Wi-Fi speaker’s sound quality remains almost always consistent. Bluetooth speaker’s connectivity range, being comparatively low, disrupts audio at distances from connected devices.
- Wi-Fi speakers allow audio output on multiple devices. In contrast, Bluetooth speakers can connect to a single device at a time.
- Finally, the connection between Bluetooth devices is more uncomplicated than Wi-Fi speakers. As such, the latter tends to be pricier than its equivalent.
Market Potential: Wireless Speakers
The wireless speaker market primarily concentrates around the U.S. and Europe, plus Asian countries like India, Japan, China, and Korea, specifically most South-East Asia. Consequently, market trend analysts expect the Asia-Pacific region to perceive the most considerable growth rate. In contrast, the largest market in North America.
The rapid technological advancements in South-East Asia will have extensive influence on the market potential. We can attribute this prospect to it being the headquarters of key players like Samsung and Sony. Additionally, entrepreneurial firms, where the extensive end-user base makes up for rising demand, will directly drive increased production feasibility.
Analysts predict the wireless speaker market to obtain a net value of $12 billion approximately in a forecast span of five years. Following the research commencement from 2019 with $5 billion initially, we can hope to witness a 14.6% CAGR. Accordingly, the constructive evolution of e-commerce divisions will favourably facilitate the Wi-Fi wireless speaker’s lucrative progression worldwide.
If you find this item worth a read, check out the article on Daylight Saving Time.